We Are Back!

14Tr

We are back up.  Finally!

I don’t want to have to go through that again!

So what happened?

I own roughly 150 blogs spread over four hosting companies.  Two of my larger blogs were on the same host and I started exceeding their CPU limits so my account go suspended.

I’ve had trouble in the past, but we’ve been able to clear things up.  I think a recent performance tweak I made may have been the culprit, but just to be safe, I’ve moved the two blogs to another hosting company that is setup to handle larger, popular sites.


I regularly backup my sites.  Especially my bigger sites.  However, I hadn’t realized how big the databases for these two sites had become.  And in both cases most of the size was consumed with logging information from some of the plugins. 

So, while I had a backup of the database, running the script to install the data was nearly impossible.  So I had to find a way of eliminating those INSERT statements from the SQL script.  Since it was a one time shot, I opted for doing it manually.  Which took a long time.

Note to self: clear the logs periodically.

Anyhow, for those of you who didn’t unsubscribe in the process, thanks for hanging with me.  I don’t expect any similar issues for a while and I hope to add some performance tweaks to this blog next.


If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to the mailing list to get notifications of new post and a virtual tour of past topics. Thanks for visiting!

Most Commented Post

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail