Dear Reciprocal Link seeker,
I can really appreciate your determination to rank your web site, but I think you are working on REALLY OLD information. Please read this entire letter, because I’m not just going to tell you that I’m not going to participate in your reciprocal link deal. I’m going to tell you what you should be doing instead that will be a lot more effective.
Now, although I won’t go so far as to say that reciprocal links don’t work, they are a waste of time compared to other things you might be spending your energy on.
Are you aware that Google can tell that sites are linking to each other? What do you think Google thinks of sites that have pages of links that link to each other? Not very natural, is it? And if you think 3-way linking is the “fix”–sorry, they can see that too.
A couple of years ago, I decided to do an experiment. I dropped all my reciprocal link efforts. I mean, dropped completely. Cold turkey. I determined to replace that effort with efforts that brought me true one-way links. That is, all the links coming into my site have no links to them from my site unless I really believe they are worth linking to.
You know what? That one simple change in focus has exploded my effectiveness. Check the alexa ranking of this site if you need proof that I know what I’m talking about.
So don’t waste your time with reciprocal links. Get one-way links instead.
How? Well, did you know there are tons of free directories that allow for no follow links? I’ve found adding links to these directories to be the single most effective method of raising the rankings of my sites. There just happens to be a great free tool for this that will allow you to do this somewhat automatically. It’s called (It’s a secret, but click here to find out). The other tool I like for this is another secret.
But directory links are just the start. You are going to need to do more. I’m sure if you’ve been around the SEO space for any length of time, you are aware of the phrase, “Content is King.” My problem was always, “well, great, but I can’t write.” Well, I can write, but I have other more productive things to do with my time. What I’m about to give you is the magic formula for article marketing.
First, you are going to need content, and it needs to be unique. I’m not talking about spun PLR articles, either. I mean, really! Let’s be serious. PLR content has its uses, but do you really think that’s going to be effective as a tool to get visitors to a site? Everyone else is using that same seed article too. So eventually there WILL be duplicates all over the Internet. Ha! No, what I’m talking about is content that you can spin but is YOUR content. The place to go is here. What I do with this service is have them write my articles and then I have a local editor who I’m sure has a good grasp of the English language edit the articles. It’s still WAY cheaper than what you’d pay for an article anywhere else.
Once you have the article, you’ll need to distribute it. For that, I use this service. To use the service, you’ll want to create two variations of the same sentence for each sentence in your article. I use local help for that, but you could ask the article-writing service to do that for you, too. It just depends on the quality of the sentence you are looking for.
Once you have a new sentence for each sentence in the original article, embed some links into the main site you are trying to promote and submit the site for distribution. There isn’t an easier way to distribute content that I know of and the price is incredibly reasonable.
I have the killer secret weapon for you. I really don’t like telling people about this because it is at the same time SO powerful and SO dangerous. This tool automates getting links on so many sites that I can’t possibly elaborate it all here. Let’s just say that for the price it is an incredible value and you’ll just need to go download the free, fully functional, 30 day demo to see for yourself. Also, I just need to say here, if you’ve seen the, “sign up for our subscription service and we’ll keep making this software better in return for the monthly fee” thing before and been disappointed by how little improvement actually happened, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this vendor.
Check out my secret source here.
Now, here is my ten-step process for getting a site ranked in the search engines.
- Create a blog on the topic of the site, or make the blog the site.
- Use a keyword research tool to create a list of keywords related to the topic. I use this.
- Then use the Microsoft Advertising Intelligence Excel plug-in, I take the list of keywords and let the plug-in generate even more keywords as well as letting me know the traffic for each phrase for the last 12 months.
- Then I sort the list and remove all of the phrases that are either extremely long (wouldn’t fit as a title) or have less than an average of 12 searches a month.
- At this point, you might want to go through the list and weed out phrases that have nothing to do with your topic. I leave that for later, myself.
- In Excel, create another column using the Concatenate() function in Excel to create a column in the format of:
then copy that into the secret tool I mentioned above into the “Batch Research” window.
What you want to do here is find out the number of sites that have the phrase in the title of the page.
- Export the results from the last step to Excel and sort by easiest to rank for order.
- Request an article from need-an-article with the phrase as the title starting at the top of your sorted list and moving down the list to the harder words. Make sure they know that the phrase is the title.
- The more articles you write, the more traffic you’ll get to the site.
- Use spun versions of the same articles and submit them to My Article Network with links pointing back to a related article on your site.
Lather, rinse, repeat on other blogs.
Finally, for that blog to do well, you are going to need to use WordPress and some plug-ins to improve the ability for the site to rank in the search engines. I recommend that you go over here and get the free SEO plug-in that he’s offering. And next time he opens up his coaching program, make sure you are in line to sign up by going here and entering your email address.