Yesterday, I was configuring SubVersion to run under Apache for a client and decided to do a quick check on Google to see if there is SOME way of running Apache and IIS side by side.
Of course, the first thing I tried is to just assign all the IPs in IIS except the one I wanted to use for Apache. But, No big bad IIS binds to ALL of the IP addresses. So, I decided to do a quick Google search prior to just installing Apache on port 81 because I have another situation where I’d like to install Apache on the same box as IIS so that I can use WordPress with URL Rewriting.
So, it turns out you can (this still work with more recent versions of IIS). Here’s a link to the article I found:
Running IIS 6.0 and Apache on Port 80 on a single system with different IP’s
And here’s a link to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Like this Article? Subscribe to get every article sent to your email.
- ASP.NET, Angular.js & html5mode I’ve been looking at Angular.js recently. I’ve already got enough of a project done in MongoDB (with Mongoose), Express, Angular and Node.js (MEAN) to be comfortable with how Angular […]
- Virtual Files using HttpContext.RewritePath() One of the cool new tricks we are able to perform in ASP.NET that we were not able to use in ASP is the ability to have ASP.NET redirect file requests in the same way that mod_rewrite does […]
- What’s In My Blogging Toolbox? So as I thought this week about what I might write, I decided to review the various tools that I use to get stuff done. I started this post with the stuff I use to create the blog […]
- How to take an ASP.NET application off line . . . . . . without turning off IISWhy would you want to do this?Well, you might have more than one application running under a specific IIS server instance. Or, maybe you don't have […]
- Embedding Google Search Appliance Results in ASP.NET Several of the projects I’m involved with use the Google Search Appliance for their search engine. For each of these projects, we’ve wanted to integrate the results on an ASPX […]
About Dave Bush