This past week I’ve been thinking a lot about changing habits and how much of our lives habits influence.
To be clear, I would define a habit as something we have learned to do as an automated response to some trigger. Something we no longer think about doing, but we just do because … well … because we’ve always done it that way.
I have some bad habits:
- Eat something sweet when I’m tired or bored.
- How I react to particular situations
- … others I’m not so willing to share publicly …
And some good habits:
- Wake up before 4:40am
- Go to bed at 9:00pm
- Write a blog post once a week
- Watch PluralSight videos for 30 minutes every day.
And some habits I’m trying to form:
- Exercise every day
- Take my vitamins
- Work on my book for 30 minutes each day