One of the controls that was added to ASP.NET 3.5 in the SP1 release was the Dynamic Validator control.
I completely missed it.
What it does is pretty cool. But it doesn’t really do what you’d think it might. Or at least not what I thought it would. “Dynamic” implies to me some kind of hook up to the database. But the Dynamic Validator control doesn’t hook to the database. At least not directly. What it does, however, is a lot more flexible.
Continue reading “ASP.NET Dynamic Validator”
I’m not the first to write on this topic and probably won’t be the last. But I do have something to say on the matter that I think is helpful.
In fact, there has been quite a bit written about interviewing for ASP.NET, but relatively little written about how to interview, and what to look for, in a student who just recently graduated from college.
So here is my list.
Continue reading “ASP.NET Interview Questions For New College Graduates”
Not to be confused with cross page posting, cross domain submission allows us to post the contents of an ASP.NET form to a completely different domain.
Continue reading “ASP.NET Cross Domain Form Submission”
I got this question a couple of weeks ago but just never had the time to put into answering fully. But today I have some extra time due to the fact that I’m under-booked with projects.
The question went something like this:
“I want to be able to upload a file from a desktop application to a web site that has a form that accepts the file as a post. How do I do that?”
And while I’ve done some things in the past that come close, I’ve never had to do this exact task. But it does look interesting.
Continue reading “Upload a File via WebRequest Using CSharp”
Several of the projects I’m involved with use the Google Search Appliance for their search engine. For each of these projects, we’ve wanted to integrate the results on an ASPX page so that the results look like they are part of the site rather than taking them to another site to display the results. This is achieved by using the XML Control, the Google XSLT file, and some good old-fashioned search and replace.
It has been a while since I’ve actually worked on this code. Mostly we just copy, paste, and modify from one project to another, but I hope to give you enough here to at least get you started doing this yourself, if not everything you need.
Continue reading “Embedding Google Search Appliance Results in ASP.NET”