A couple of weeks ago I pointed out that you could easily find the definition of a property, method, variable, or class by right-clicking the item and selecting, “Go To Definition” from the context menu.
You can also use this feature in your ASPX files to find the definition of CSS classes. However, you cannot use this to find definitions of rules. And if the class is not defined, you will not see the menu option and you’ll get a green squiggly under the class and the tooltip will tell you that the class is not defined.
Other places talking about CSS and Visual Studio
Dynamically applying CSS based on browser’s resolution « Yanesh … – Create a new CSS file and name it 800.css. This CSS file will have styles for the 800×600 resolution. For this example I have chosen the background color as green and position of navigation bar on right hand side. …
Tips & Tricks for ASP.NET, IIS, and Visual Web Developer : Tip #28 … – … the same selector weighting wins; Visual studio (in my test) loaded the first file. – If an HTML element has many classes (space delimited, e.g. class=”class1 class2″, class2 cannot be found if you use .class1.class2 in your css …
Visual Studio 2008 CSS Support – Not Quite : b# – One of the often-touted new features of VS 2008 is the improved CSS support. I like having intellisense for CSS, sure, but I dont’ want to have a warning for classes that don’t exist…. like this: That green squiggly indicates a …
Tryangled Dev » Blog Archive » Visual Web Developer Enhancements – Visual Studio now provides tools that make it easy to work with cascading style sheets (CSS). You can design the layout and style content in Design view by using new UI tools such as the CSS Properties window. …
Other post in Did you know
- Did you know - Zip is built into .NET? - August 21st, 2008
- Automatic Implementation of Interfaces - October 1st, 2008
- Easily Find Classes, Methods, and Variables - November 17th, 2008
- Advantages of Using Class Diagram - November 20th, 2008
- Panel DefaultButton does not work - December 25th, 2012
- Finding a CSS Class Definition - May 29th, 2013
- Renaming Properties, Methods and Variables - November 13th, 2013
- Effective Hacks to Enhance IT Careers of College Students - September 3rd, 2015